Rear Ended by a Truck in Kentucky?
Know your rights. Contact a Louisville truck accident lawyer you can trust
Rear-end truck accidents in Kentucky often cause serious injuries or fatalities. This is because tractor-trailers, delivery trucks and other large commercial vehicles weigh significantly more than other vehicles on the road.
If you or a loved one was injured in a rear-end accident caused by a truck driver on I-64, I-65 or another busy highway or street in Louisville or another city, we can help. That’s because our dedicated Louisville truck accident attorneys at the Whaley Law Firm have years of experience handling truck accident claims throughout Kentucky.
When you have our legal team on your side, you can demand the attention you rightfully deserve. Instead of insurance companies, trucking companies or their attorneys ignoring or denying your claim, you can make sure they take your accident seriously right from the start. We know how to deal with these companies and consistently obtain sizable settlements and verdicts for injury victims and their families. Case results matter here – and so do you.
Why do rear-end truck accidents happen?
Rear-end accidents caused by truck drivers often occur because the driver, the trucking company or someone else did something they should not have been doing. Examples of such reckless or negligent behavior include:
- Not paying attention while driving, including texting while driving, talking to a dispatcher, looking up directions and other forms of distracted driving.
- Driving too fast and not leaving enough room between the truck and vehicles in front.
- Falling asleep at the wheel, especially on highways late at night.
- Hiring an inexperienced or unqualified driver.
- Poorly maintaining trucks, leading to bald tires, defective brakes or mechanical problems.
- Improperly loading trucks, resulting in the contents of the truck shifting on the road and causing the truck to lose control
Whatever the cause of your rear-end truck accident, make sure you have a lawyer on your side who can thoroughly investigate your crash and determine exactly what happened.
Who’s responsible for compensating me?
Like many other accidents, the at-fault party must pay for your injury-related expenses in most cases. What makes rear-end truck accidents different is there might be more than one at-fault party. This may include:
- The truck driver who caused your accident.
- The trucking company the driver works for, especially if they knowingly hired a driver with a history of reckless driving or other motor vehicle infractions.
- The company that manufactured the truck, especially if a mechanical defect contributed to your accident.
- The company that loaded the truck, if the truck was loaded improperly.
- The company responsible for maintaining the truck.
In each case, you can expect the at-fault party (and their insurance company) to hire an attorney to defend their actions and deny your claim. Before this happens, be prepared. Have an experienced attorney from our law firm on your side who can help you level the playing field.
Demand justice for your rear-end truck accident. Contact our law firm
We understand the urgency and the importance of your rear-end truck accident claim. In Kentucky, injury victims generally have two years from the date of their accident to file a lawsuit or take other legal action, though this can vary depending on the circumstances.
But long before your two-year deadline expires, important evidence you need to build a strong legal case can be lost or destroyed. This includes the truck’s so-called “black box” data (including the truck’s speed, whether the driver attempted to brake, how long the driver was on the road), dashcam footage and traffic camera footage. We can demand access to all this important information and more. We know what to do after a serious rear-end accident.
Get the law firm with the knowledge and the experience you need to succeed. Contact the Whaley Law Firm and schedule a free case evaluation with a Louisville truck accident lawyer you can trust. You can reach us online or call (866) 703-7575 to make an appointment.